The idea for the Keystone-Monon Community Garden was hatched in the cold and snowy winter of 2015 by two neighbors. Dreaming of warmer days, they imagined a shared space where all of our neighbors could grow their own food, get to know one another, learn side by side, and be proud of the beautiful, productive place they built together.
A true community endeavor, we welcome all Indianapolis residents to help plan and create this space. A community garden without community is just a garden.
We believe a community garden will yield countless benefits, including:
– Growing community cohesiveness.
– Providing a place for residents to grow our own food and learn from each other.
– Increasing neighborhood pride and beauty.
– Building knowledge and engaging the full diversity of our community.
How to Get Involved:
– Join us for an upcoming organizing meeting.
– Spread the word to others who might be interested, especially neighbors who might not frequent the internet.
– Email us at KMCommunityGarden@gmail.com with questions or if you’d like to be added to our email list.
– “Like” us on Facebook for more up-to-date information and inspiration (www.facebook.com/KMCommunityGarden).
– Make a donation! Our garden is completely volunteer-led and donation-driven; all funds go directly to building, maintaining, and supporting the garden. Donate funds directly via PayPal to KMCommunityGarden@gmail.com (100% of your donation supports the garden) or via our online fundraising page at kmcommunitygarden.causevox.com/ (note that Causevox charges us a small fee for their online platform).