Minutes are now available from last week’s organizing meeting! What a productive, awesome get-together: not only did everyone get as many seeds as they could use, we made huge strides in getting ideas for our educational workshops and community gatherings. We will post a full calendar of events soon!
JOIN THE FUN THIS SPRING – Join a work group! To accomplish our goals in 2017, we need your help. Any in our community are welcome to join our planning team, even if you aren’t gardening with us! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of our community.
- Education and Community Gatherings Team: Plan social gatherings and educational workshops throughout the growing season. Work with lead organizers to line up speakers, set calendar, and advertise events to the community.
- Construction and Site Maintenance Team: Make design suggestions and plans for future site development (must be approved by IN City Parks). Work with volunteer team to establish regular work days and bigger construction events as needed.
- Fundraising and Partnerships Team: Seek out funding sources, donation drives, and in-kind partnerships with assistance from lead organizers.
- Volunteer Management: Organize volunteer days to work in the garden and serve as point of contact on work days (will likely work with construction/maintenance team closely).
APPLICATIONS: We have one more garden bed available!
- All garden beds will be assigned by early March 2017. If you are interested in gardening with us, submit your application and waiver ASAP to be added to the waitlist!