Thanks to all who were able to attend our launch meeting on Wednesday, 1/20. It was so energizing to get everyone together to talk all things green and growing! If you weren’t able to attend, there will be plenty of opportunities this spring to meet and get involved as we work to have Phase One built out by this April.
MEETING MINUTES AND UPDATED GARDEN DESIGN DOCUMENTS:
- Minutes from the 1/20 meeting
- Overall garden design (showing first two years of development
- Site plan
PICK YOUR WORK GROUP: Please email email@example.com and let us know what work group(s) you would like to join.
- Construction and Worker Bees (the biggest need this spring)
- Specific Task Completion (lining up mulch or soil delivery, planning a garden border, building garden beds, etc.) – especially great if you have limited time but want to make a big impact!
- Seed Starting Group (individuals willing to start seedlings to share with others in the garden)
- Fundraising and Partnerships
- Education (including lining up workshops and speakers)
- Volunteer Management (helping to organize or be point of contact on work days, etc.)
NEXT MEETING: Seed Giveaway, Seed Starting, and Initial Construction
Stay tuned for more details – our next meeting will be mid- to late-February,
APPLY FOR YOUR GARDEN PLOT: Garden applications are due 3/15/16; download your application here.
- Our official garden launch will be in May 2016 at Arsenal Park (46th and Indianola). We will need everyone’s help to accomplish this!
- Garden plots will be FREE this year as we work to build the garden; however, donations are always welcomed. By applying, you commit to assisting with building the garden (building raised beds, moving soil/compost, building partnerships, etc.)
- Garden plots will be assigned on a first-come first-serve basis with those who applied in 2015 having first priority.
- Be sure to also complete the participant waiver (one for every member of your family) and review carefully the rules and regulations.
Thank you to everyone, and stay tuned for details on our next meeting; we are amazed by the support this project has received and are thrilled that we have the funds already in place to create a neighborhood resource for years to come!