The Keystone-Monon Community Garden is getting oh-so-close to the point where we can begin building at Arsenal Park! We are so excited, and we hope you join us at Arsenal Park this Sunday, 5/17 from 1-2:30pm for a neighborhood potluck.
It’s amazing how much “stuff” is required to build a garden from the ground up, and we need everyone’s help! While donated funds are AMAZING (please donate here: http://kmcommunitygarden.causevox.com/), so much of what we need might already be lying around in your garage or shed. Or perhaps you have a connection with a hardware store or landscaping company that might be willing to donate a larger item or help us in defraying costs!
GARDEN WISH LIST: Please contact us here or at KMCommunityGarden@gmail.com if you can help!
• Lumber! Specifically, we’re looking at 2x10s or 2x12s in 8- to 12-foot lengths
• Compost/soil mix
• Shed/lockable storage container
• Garden hoses
• Gardening tools: gloves, shovels, rakes, hoes, watering cans – you name it, we could use it!
• Food scale to track donated produce
• Native perennial pollinator plants and perennial herbs
• Strawberry plants and other berry plants (gooseberry, currant)
Thank you so much for your help, ideas, and connections. Remember, without community, it’s just a garden! If you’d like to get involved or help build the garden, all are welcome. We need YOU!
Christie, Sara, and the entire Keystone-Monon Community Garden