If you are interested in helping launch Indianapolis’ newest community garden, we need you! Come early to the next Keystone-Monon Community Garden organizing meeting with your extra seeds for our first seed swap. We’ll also be talking more about our mission, where we go from here, land updates, and fundraising ideas, so come with your ideas and a friend or two. All are welcome, even if you aren’t in the Keystone-Monon neighborhood!
If you’d like to participate in the seed swap, bring some seeds to share, small containers if you have them (like film canisters, small plastic food containers, etc.), and come early so you don’t miss out on the fun.
Date: Friday, April 10 (Join and share the Facebook event here)
Time: Seed Swap: 6:45 pm; Meeting: 7:00-8:30 pm
Location: Easter Seals Crossroads, 4740 Kingsway Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46205 (please park in the South Lot, take the elevator to the 5th floor, and turn left to find our meeting space)
General meeting agenda:
– Seed Swap and Spring Garden Discussion
– Introductions and Latest Updates – Arsenal Park/Land Update, Fundraising Ideas
– Our Garden’s Mission and Where We Go from Here – Group discussions and breakouts
A few things for the group:
- If you would like to swap seeds, arrive by 6:45 pm and bring your extra seeds to share (or buy a packet or two from your local garden shop), seed packets or any other information you have about growing your seeds, and small containers (if you have them) to hold the seeds you get in the swap. If you don’t have any of the above but still want to join in the fun, don’t worry! We will have everything we need.
- If you can’t make it to the meeting but are interested in getting involved, please email us and let us know which of the following work groups you would like to join: Fundraising, Garden Planning and Design, Volunteers, and Education
- As always, please spread the word! We have attached a meeting flyer – please share with your neighbors and friends. Many hands make light work, and we all put the “community” in community garden.
Thank you to Easter Seals Crossroads for the generous use of their 5th floor meeting space!